The legalization of cannabis in Canada has seen the proliferation of cannabis gummies as an alternative to edible weed. The gummies provide a cleaner and more discreet way of consuming weed.
Let’s look at how you can make weed gummies at home.
What are Cannabis Gummies?
The most common candies were gummy bears and worms when growing up. Currently, cannabis-infused gummies (having THC and CBD) will make you rekindle your love for these gummy edibles.
Smoking is the most common way of consuming cannabis – the method is straightforward and gives instant results. But comparing eating cannabis edibles or smoking weed is justifying a means to an end. Both will ensure the desired effects, although using different methods to consume cannabis.
Gummies will offer a discreet way of consuming cannabis, unlike smoking weed. You can pop your cannabis-infused gummy while in public without attracting attention. Read on to learn how to make marijuana gummies.
Safety With Weed Edibles and Gummies
Marijuana edibles take an hour or more for their effects, so consumers should be patient. It’s possible to overindulge, especially if your metabolism is slower. Cannabis effects and experience vary among individuals, so start with small doses and wait for the results to occur.
Weed gummies look and may taste the same as gummy bears; you should exercise safety for young ones. Keep your cannabis gummies out of children’s reach. Safely seal and stash your gummies within your home to avoid accidental use by little children.
How To Make Your Own Infused Coconut Oil?
You can make cannabis-infused oil at home. But first, you need to decarboxylase your raw cannabis flowers. The decarboxylation process activates the cannabis compounds, converting THCA to THC, which gets you high.
After getting your cannabis flowers, follow these easy steps:
- Break your cannabis flowers and wrap them with a baking sheet.
- Set your oven and heat the preparation for 30 – 40 minutes at 105 – 120 Celsius. Your weed will lose some THC depending on the temperature, an average of 12 – 30%.
- Mixing with coconut oil
- Using heat: After decarboxylation, 3.5 grams of cannabis require 1 cup of coconut oil. In a saucepan, heat the oil to 55 – 65 degree Celsius. Add your marijuana, and simmer together for three hours, stirring constantly.
- You can heat the coconut oil indirectly using a double boiler on a slow cooker. Put water in a larger pan and place the smaller pan inside containing your coconut oil and cannabis mixture. On low heat, simmer your mixture at 55 65 C (130 – 150 F) for three hours or so.
After simmering your coconut oil and weed mixture, strain the oil to separate the plant matter. Then, keep your cannabis-infused coconut oil in an air-tight bottle and stash it safely.
Congratulations! You now have your batch of infused coconut oil for making weed gummies.
How To Make Edible Gummies Recipes
Oils naturally don’t bond with water or other ingredients used to make gummies. Therefore, it would be best if you had emulsifiers like sunflower or soy lecithin to create an even mixture of your cannabis gummies. Else, you may end up with gummies having inconsistent potency.
Another way you can emulsify the ingredients is by using a powerful blender with high RPMs.
Most weed gummy recipes recommend cannabis oil, though some use other extracts like tinctures. Remember, without lab testing, you are not sure how many pounds of weed are needed to make gummies to achieve the desired potency.
The safest way is to buy cannabis infusions (tinctures, oils, etc.) in legal markets. This is because their potency and efficacy are known.
How To Make Pot Gummies
- A whisk
- Squeeze bottle or dropper
- A gummy bear or worm mould
- ½ cup cannabis-infused coconut oil
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 oz flavoured gelatin
- 2 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- ½ tsp sunflower or soy lecithin
- Mix the water, infused coconut oil, and soy/sunflower lecithin in the pot and set it on the stove on low heat.
- Ensure the oil melts, and stir the mixture to have a consistent texture. Add in both the unflavored and flavoured gelatin, stirring constantly.
- Heat for another 10 – 15 minutes and constantly whisks until all the gelatin dissolves, and ensure the mixture doesn’t boil.
- Strain the mixture using a fine-mesh strainer.
- Using the squeeze bottle or a dropper, fill the individual gummy moulds. It would help if you worked quickly and stirred the mixture frequently to avoid it cooling and hardening, or the ingredients will start to separate.
- After filling the mould, freeze your gummies for 20 – 25 minutes.
Congratulations! You now have your homemade weed gummies. Ensure you put them in an air-tight container in a secure way to avoid accidental use by children or pets.
How To Make Edible Gummies With Cannabutter
- A gummy silicone mould
- Glass measuring cup with a spout
- Mixing bowl
- A whisk or mixing spoon
- A glass food container with a lid
- ¼ cup cannabutter
- ¼ cup cane or corn syrup
- 3 oz flavoured jello. Avoid pineapple, lime, orange, lemon and other citrus flavours for better results.
- 5 oz plain gelatin ( vegan or conventional, depending)
- ½ cup of cold water
- Put the ¼ cup syrup and the cold water in the mixing bowl, and mix them until you achieve a light clear amber colour.
- Add your jello and the preferred gelatin. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Transfer the mixing bowl content into a saucepan, and place it on a stove at low heat. While constantly stirring your mixture, heat it for 10 – 15 minutes, and ensure you don’t bring it to a boil.
- Carefully transfer the saucepan content into the glass measuring cup.
- Using the measuring cup, fill the empty bear mould with equal measures.
- Place your filled gummy bear mould in the freezer overnight for the gummies to harden.
- Transfer your canna gummies to the glass storage container and keep them refrigerated. You can make a batch of canna gummies for two weeks of use.
Benefits of Homemade THC Gummies?
- You will have control of the ingredients
- Gummies help in avoiding health issues associated with smoking
- You can consume your gummies in public and discreetly
What is the Best Place to Buy Weed Gummies Online in Canada?
Look no further the Bulk Weed if you are looking for the best place to buy weed gummies online in Canada. Visit our online shop to get a variety of top-rated cannabis gummies and other products. You can order online or get same-day weed delivery in Mississauga, Toronto and surrounding areas.
Ben Hartman, Chef Jordan Wagman (2022, April 17). How to make weed gummies. The Cannigma. Available at: https://cannigma.com/recipes/how-to-make-cannabis-gummies/
Cannabis Ontario. (2022, December 3). Find the best cannabis in Mississauga, Ontario. Available at: https://cannabisontario.net/store_cat/mississauga/
Cannabis Column (2022, October 1). How to Make THC Gummies from Distillate or Cannabutter. Jointlybeter Magazine. Available at: https://jointlybetter.com/magazine/article/how-to-make-weed-gummies
BioLyfe ACV gummies. (2022, December 3). Buy BioLyfe Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies Online. Available at: https://biolyfebrands.com/product/apple-cider-vinegar-acv-gummies/
Lindsay D. Mattison (2021, April 21). How to Make CBD Gummies at Home. Taste of Home. Available at: https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/cbd-oil-gummies-recipe/